Dear friends in Jesus Christ:
On Wednesday, October 17, the last of 10 I Believe in the Church events will be held at Trinity UMC in Chillicothe. These have been wonderful opportunities to affirm our shared faith rooted in baptism. We have been generously hosted by 10 wonderful local churches and have been wowed by three dozen powerful testimonies by lay and clergy. Local church staff and volunteers and Conference staff worked tirelessly to make everything come off without a hitch. More than 2,000 people have attended the events. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You.
It is now time to launch the next series of opportunities to gather in Christian community to look at our future as The United Methodist Church. In mid-November, I will start making the rounds to seven sites to talk about the called General Conference scheduled for February 23-26, 2019, in St. Louis, MO. Other Conference leaders will team with me in this work. These gatherings will include an opportunity to hear about the key proposals to the General Conference from the Commission on a Way Forward. There will be time for Q&A and sharing your thoughts about the options verbally or in writing.
The dates, times and locations of these Way Forward gatherings are below. In order to help the local churches properly prepare to host, you are asked to register by clicking this link.
- Sunday, November 11, 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm, First UMC Troy
- Tuesday, November 13, 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm, First UMC Marysville
- Thursday, November 15, 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm, Bexley UMC
- Monday, November 26, 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm, Grace UMC, Perrysburg
- Tuesday, November 27, 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm, St. Marks UMC, Findlay
- Sunday, January 6, 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm, Christ UMC, Jackson
- Thursday, January 17, 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm, New Vision UMC, Cincinnati
For more information about the Special Session of the General Conference, and to familiarize yourself with the work of the Commission on a Way Forward as you prepare to attend one of these gatherings, click this link.
Yours in Christ,
+Gregory V. Palmer