St. Mark's United Methodist Church in Fairfield, Ohio is looking for a new Director of Youth ministry. The directorwill provide vision and leadership in planning and executing the Youth Ministry (grades 6-12) program to equip students to be disciples of Jesus Christ.
• Work with the Pastor and Lay Leadership to provide programming that engages Youth in a life of Christian faith and experience.
• Develop a set of standards that are age-appropriate and will help the youth in their Christian growth and discipleship.
• Assist in screening all potential Servant Leaders to ensure that each is compliant with the current Child Protection policy standards.
• Teach, train, and equip all Youth Servant Leaders and Education Committee members for their area of ministry.
• Develop opportunities to equip parents and assist them in “rearing their child in the faith.”
• Consult and meet with the Pastor and Lay Leadership to envision, strategize, and implement the disciple-making process for the entire church.
• Participate in Staff Meetings to coordinate calendar dates and communicate details of ministry events.
• Utilize a variety of communication methods to publicize events and notify Youth, parents, and the congregation.
• Must be 23 years of age or older.
• Faith: must be a Christian committed to ongoing personal spiritual growth, including regular worship attendance and full participation in the life of the congregation at St. Mark’s United Methodist Church.
• Theological: must hold to a Wesleyan theology and have an understanding of the United Methodist Polity.
• Passion: must have a heart for youth and guiding them in their discipleship.
• Team: must be willing to be part of a team of staff and volunteers, and see Youth Ministry as part of the broader ministry of the Church.
• Skills: Creativity is highly valued, as are administrative skills. The ability to communicate, including the use of technology, is required.
• Education: Some post-high school education or commensurate experience is preferred.
• Background check will be required.
• Estimated at approximately 15 hours per week.
Please email your resume and/or questions to stmarksemployment [at] gmail.com