St. Mark’s United Methodist Church is seeking an organized, experienced candidate to fill their part-time position as an Administrative Assistant/Bookkeeper. The candidate will work with the St. Mark’s staff to oversee and implement the administrative and bookkeeping functions of the church. The mission of St. Mark’s Church is to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the World.
• Partner with the staff and ministry leaders to manage the flow of communication to and from the church office.
• Oversee volunteer office assistants.
• Write, copy, and manage the publication of printed materials, including weekly bulletin, newsletter, signage, and digital communication.
• Work with the Lead Pastor, staff, and others to manage the church database and use it for communication and connection.
• Provide general clerical support to the Lead Pastor, staff, and ministry leaders.
• Be the primary keeper of the church calendar, building usage, room reservations, and custodial schedule.
• Work with the staff team on event coordination.
• Be the “face of St. Mark’s” to church members and visitors.
• Manage mail, email, phone, and other communication as the voice of St. Mark’s Church.
• Manage the church office communications budget.
• Prepare and enter general ledger transactions into accounting software, such as credit card invoices, payroll information, and details from weekly giving from the offering plate and electronic giving.
• Prepare bills and invoices for payment, including gaining approval for bills and invoices, entering into account software, and generating checks.
• Act as a liaison with our payroll company.
• Prepare weekly, monthly, and annual reports as needed via accounting software.
• Maintain church financial records in an organized manner.
• Report directly to the Lead Pastor.
• Other duties as required.
• Profess Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
• Commit to personal, spiritual growth and a healthy lifestyle.
• Consider this position a ministry, not just a job.
• Carry out a lifestyle of giving and generosity, and faithful serving out of your call and giftedness.
• High School diploma or GED required.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
• Team player skills a must.
• Basic bookkeeping skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Confidentiality is critical.
• Exceptional command of the English language.
• Ability to write concisely.
• Strong eye for detail.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office software and not intimidated by learning new technologies as needed.
• Ability to prioritize and perform tasks with little supervision.
• Willing to be flexible when needed.
Approximately 25 hours of intentional focus per week.
Submit cover letter and current résumé to St. Mark’s United Methodist Church, c/o SPRC Chair, 4601 Fairfield Avenue, Fairfield, Ohio 45014
or email to stmarksemployment [at] gmail.com